After European pre-season games in London and Barcelona, Lakers returned to USA, they played in Las Vegas, and now again in Staples Center, for the first time before new season. Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers will participate with Los Angeles Lakers on two day shootout event. They played in London their the first pre-season games with Minnesota Timberwolves, and they los 92:111. Kobe Bryant was only two minutes on the floor and missed three shoots for three points. The best Lakers' scorer on that match was Lamar Odom with 17 scored points. The next pre-season match of Lakers was in Barcelona which already had several pre-season warm up matches. Barcelona won 92:88 and Kobe Bryant, recovering from knee surgery, scored 15 points for 20 minutes on the floor. In Las Vegas, Lakers notice the first pre-season victory, over Sacramento Kings, 98.95. Finally, Kobe was among starters. After those three pre-season games of Lakers there are some notices about them:
- 4 Field goals made by Kobe Bryant in three preseason games in 28 attempts, a wildly uncharacteristic conversion rate of just 14.3 percent.
- 6 Assists for Lamar Odom to lead the Lakers from a passing standpoint, including a few slick feeds resulting in Pau Gasol dunks. Gasol posted an 18-point, 12-rebound double-double, while Odom added nine boards and seven points.
- 12 Points scored by the Kings in the third quarter, with L.A. ratcheting up its defense in a big way. The Lakers, on the other hand, scored easily off that defense to the tune of 28 points, taking control of the game with a 15-point lead.
- 60 Lakers shooting percentage from the foul line (18-of-30), which nearly came back to haunt them late in the fourth quarter as the Kings had two chances to tie the game after Gasol and Derrick Caracter missed a combined 4-of-6 attempts.
- 63.6 Ron Artest’s shooting percentage in a terrific offensive game, thanks to 7-of-11 shooting and 4-of-5 from three-point range, to lead L.A. with 18 points. The Queensbridge product added four rebounds, three assists and some solid defense of last year’s Rookie of the Year Tyreke Evans.
These data are from Lakers official basket blog.
Denver Nuggets also played pre-season match against Minnesota Timberwolves and that was their second warm up match after victory over Portland Trail Blazers, 109:99. Against Portland Anthony Carmelo scored 24 points for 24 minutes conducted on the floor. In defeat 108:122 against Minnesota Timberwolves, Anthony Carmelo played only 21 minutes and the Nuggets rested Chauncey Billups. They also were without Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen, who are recovering from offseason surgeries, and Al Harrington, who injured his left foot in the preseason opener against Portland. Carmelo was alfaω of the team in victory over LA Clipers, 100:95. He had 30 points and 14 rebounds on the match, and now it is absolutely clearly that Denver Nuggets cannot without Carmelo, especially after the wave of injuries that have hit the team.
So, before of the match against Lakers there is known that Nuggets will be without Chris Anderson, Kenyon Martin and Al Harrington. On the other side, Lakers Andrew Bynum, Sasa Vujacic and probably Luke Walton. Kobe Bryant after right knee surgery is probable. I think, in such occasions, margin of 202.5 points is high, and under is good option.
Metabetting is a registered trademark. Metabetting is not affiliated with sports teams, event organizers or players displayed in its websites. Copyright 1998-2016, Metabetting.com. All rights reserved.